1 position - President Jobs - Shilong Jobs
|Job profile||President Jobs|
|Last Date to apply||15 Mar 2021|
A person shall be disqualified for appointment as President of a State Commission if he
a) has been convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which involves moral turpitude ; or
b) has been adjudged to be insolvent ; or
c) is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a Competent Court; or
d) has been removed or dismissed from the service of the State Government or Central Government or a body corporate owned or controlled by such Government ; or
e) has, in opinion Of the State Government, such financial or other interest as is likely to prejudicially affect his functions as the President.
1. The President and members of the State Commission and the District Commission shall be appointed by the State Government on the recommendation of a Selection Committee, consisting of the following persons, namely :-
(a) Hon’ble Chief Justice of the High Court or any Judge of the High Court nominated by him- Chairperson ;
(b) Secretary in charge of Consumer Affairs of the State Government— Member ;
(c) Nominee of the Chief Secretary of the State — Member.
Secretary, Meghalaya State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (State Commission), New Administrative Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong — 793001
Selection Procedure :
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. Applications of eligible candidates, willing to be considered for the post of President in the State Commission in the attached proforma may be sent to Secretary, Meghalaya State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (State Commission), New Administrative Building, Lower Lachumiere, Shillong — 793001 , so as to reach by 15 March 2021
2. Applications which are incomplete or lacking in any details / documents as asked for or which are received after the due date 15th March, 2021 shall not be entertained.
3. The persons selected for appointment will have to join within 30 days from the date Of issue of appointment order.
4. The Department of Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs reserves the right to cancel the advertisement at any time without assigning any reasons thereof.