1 position - Executive Secretary - Chennai
|Job profile||Executive Secretary|
|Salary||Rs. 30,000 - Rs. 50,000/-Per Month|
|Last Date to apply||13 Nov 2020|
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible to handle the day to day secretarial tasks for the Reporting officer.
2. Responsible for transcribing and proof reading confidential correspondence, preparing reports and minutes of meetings, scheduling appointments and maintaining confidential files and other material essential for use by the Reporting officer and/or staff
3. Maintains calendar of appointments for the reporting officer
4. Ensure that the reporting officer is updated about all the appointments as well as the matters which are requiring immediate attention.
5. Uses automated office systems to prepare letters, memoranda and reports.
6. Screens inquiries from the staff, public officials, the press and the general public addressed
7. Gathers appropriate material from the respective officer and other administrative staff to respond to routine inquiries and routes more complex inquiries along with support documentation to the staff as appropriate;
8. Processes records and forms, requisitions office supplies, and performs other administrative support procedures for effective office management;
9. Opens and screens mail addressed to the reporting officer, answers routine mail independently and routes other mail with background material as necessary; and also prioritizes and routes incoming mail.
10. Maintains all files for the reporting officer, ensuring that material is properly marked and accessible for immediate use.
General Instructions to the candidates
1) All the positions are on purely contract basis.
2) The completion of the period of contract will not confer any right for further extension, regularization, permanency at the Institute.
3) Candidates should apply online only in the website https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ – (Please check the advertisement number Advt. 92/2020 displayed and submit the application for the relevant position).
4) Separate application has to be filled for each post.
5) The system will accept single application only with the registered login ID (email) for an advertisement, hence the candidate is requested to select the multiple positions (In case, he/she wishes to apply for more than one position) before the submission of application.
6) The application cannot be edited, reverted once it is submitted. 7) Candidates should not attempt to apply twice for the same post. If multiple applications are received from a candidate for the same post, his/her candidature will liable to be rejected.
8) Candidates should follow the prescribed procedure for submission of online application.
9) Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only.
10) The candidates applying for any post should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for the post. Their admission to any stage of the selection process will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of registration certificate / call letter to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
11) After successful online submission of application, a print out of the application form must be obtained and submitted when called for test. It will be required at the time of document verification/test/interview. Hard copy of the application is NOT to be sent to the Institute.
12) Candidates must be citizens of India. Persons who have migrated from Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling in India or subjects of Nepal are also eligible, but in their case a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India will be necessary for appointment. Such candidates should apply to the Government of India in the Ministry of Home Affairs for necessary certificate and furnish satisfactory proof of having so applied.
13) The prescribed qualifications are minimum and unless specified, they are required for consideration for the post, even if higher qualification has been acquired and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview.
14) Relevant experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into consideration. Minimum requirements of qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates.
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras Chennai – 600 036
Selection Procedure :
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply :
1. The last date for submission of online application is 13/11/2020.
2. Eligible applicants would require to register and apply online through https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ and submit the application.
3. If there is any issue to submit the application please send E-mail to : [email protected] / [email protected]