482 positions - Apprentice - Across India
|Age||Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 30.10.2020|
|Last Date to apply||22 Nov 2020|
1) Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of eligibility criteria and selection modalities before submission of application.
2) The cut-off date for age, qualification etc. shall be 30.10.2020 .
3) The candidates shall be shortlisted for the Written Test purely based on the information furnished by them in online portal. Candidates are, therefore, advised to furnish the correct information in the online application portal. At any stage of selection process, if it is found that the information furnished by the candidate in online portal is not true or incorrect, the candidature of the candidate shall be summarily rejected.
4) Candidates who are short-listed for Written Test, shall have to download their Admit Cards for appearing in the Written Test through online portal only on the notified date. Admit Cards shall not be sent by post.
5) The candidates should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprentices Act, 1961, as amended from time to time.
6) Candidates, who had training or job experience for a period of one year or more after the attainment of these qualifications, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentice.
7) The applicant for the position should NOT have completed three years after passing of the qualifying examination as on the cut-off date of eligibility i.e. 30.10.2020. In case the date of Declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate must submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic / College / Institute from where the candidate pursued his Diploma course at the time of Document Verification before the Joining.
8) The Corporation shall have no obligation to offer regular employment to Apprentices during and/or after the completion of the apprenticeship period. After successful completion of Apprenticeship period, candidates shall be relieved from Indian Oil Corporation, Pipelines Division.
9) Any corrigendum/addendum etc. or updates with regard to this advertisement shall be made available on our website www.iocl.com and https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in only. Candidates are thus advised to periodically visit our above websites as all future correspondence and latest information with regard to written test shall be available only on our website and/ or the email provided by the candidate during application process.
10) All the candidates are advised to keep the printout of the online application form for reference for downloading Admit Card from IOCL website https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in .
Verification Of Documents
The verification of the original documents shall be done before the joining of the candidate as an Apprentice. On qualifying the Written Test , the list of candidates provisionally selected for document verification and medical fitness shall be published on the IOCL website as well as the Portal. Offer of engagement shall only be issued to only those candidates whose all documents including medical fitness certificate is found in order. The following original documents along with a self-attested copy should be furnished at the time of Document Verification:
1) 10th pass/Matriculation certificate issued by the concerned education board as proof of date of birth. No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
2) SC/ST/OBC/Disability/EWS-Income & Asset certificate by reserved category candidates in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority.
3) OBC non-creamy layer status should be valid and OBC certificate issued by the Competent Authority should be latest one. Formats of Certificate are available in the Detailed Notification as well as in https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in under downloads section.
4) Semester-wise / year-wise mark sheets and Certificate of full-time Diploma in Engineering in respective Discipline.
5) Pre-engagement Medical fitness certificate declaring the candidate medically Fit
6) Any other certificate , if applicable
Selection Procedure :
1) Selection process would consist of a Written Test.
2) Written Test shall be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) consisting of 4 options with one correct option. Candidate has to choose the correct option.
3) There shall be 100 questions in the Written Test and Total marks shall be 100. Each correct answer shall carry 1 mark.
4) There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
5) The constitution of the Question paper will be as below -:
a) For Technician Apprentices – From the total 100 objective type questions, about 75 questions shall be from the concerned discipline of Diploma level and about 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge etc.
b) For Trade Apprentice (Accountant)- out of total 100 objective type questions, about 75 questions shall be from general accounts/commerce/finance and about 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge etc.
c) For Trade Apprentice (Assistant-Human Resource)- all 100 objective type questions shall be on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge/awareness etc.
d) For Data Entry Operator& Domestic Data Entry Operator -all 100 objective type questions shall be on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge/awareness etc. of Class 12 level
6) Duration of Written Test shall be of 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
7) Candidates can opt for the Question Paper/Test either in English or Hindi language.
8) Minimum qualifying marks in Written Test is 40%. The same is relaxed by 5% to SC/ST and PwBD candidates for the trades reserved for them.
9) Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, relative performance in respective categories.
10) Final selection for engagement of apprentices will be based on Written Test marks as per merit. Trade-wise & State-wise merit list for each Region shall be prepared based on Written Test marks scored by the candidates, which shall be arranged in descending order. Candidates, in the order of merit will be offered the apprenticeship.
11) In case of tie for final shortlisting for engagement, the candidate older in age will be given preference in the merit list.
12) (a) In case of non-availability of sufficient number of candidates to fill the unfilled seats in a notified trade in a State, the vacant seats shall be offered in the following manner from the same State
How to Apply :
1) Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria should visit our IOCL website https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in and apply Online from 04.11.2020 till 22.11.2020 by 18:00 hours.
2) Paper based applications will NOT be accepted.
3) There are two steps for Registration process. Part-I & Part-II. In Part-I registration, candidate has to fill his/her basic details like name, category etc. and has to create his own password. After successful Part-I registration, system generated registration number is sent in his registered email id/SMS. With this registration number, candidate has again to login into the system with the password generated by him. Candidates are advised to remember registration number and password for future reference/use.
4) In Part-II registration, candidate has to upload his scanned photograph and signature and furnish educational qualification, experience details etc. and submit the same. This is the final submission process and after that candidate cannot change the details furnished. Candidates are therefore advised to furnish the details in the portal carefully and check the same before final submission.
5) Candidates are advised to follow the procedure mentioned in above apprentice engagement portal. In case of any difficulty with respect to filling online application or making online payment, please refer to FAQ/How to apply options available in the portal.
6) Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail ids based on Trade Codes under which applied:
a. For Northern Region Pipelines: [email protected]
b. For Eastern Region Pipelines: [email protected]
c. For Western Region Pipelines: [email protected]
d. For Southern Region Pipelines: [email protected]
e. For South Eastern Region Pipelines: [email protected]
Applicants may kindly note that only such queries which are relevant to this advertisement and have not been addressed in the above advertisement shall only be replied to.
a) Date of issuance of Website Notification 30.10.2020
b) Date of opening of online application portal at https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in 04.11.2020
c) Last date of submission of online application 22.11.2020 by 18:00 hours
d) Written Test Tentatively on 06.12.2020