202 positions - Assistant Section Officer Jobs - Cuttack Jobs
|Job profile||Assistant Section Officer Jobs|
|Salary||Rs. 35,400 - Rs. 1,12,400/-Per Month|
|Last Date to apply||20 Mar 2021|
Other Eligibility Conditions
The candidate must be a citizen of India and he must –
(i) Have the requisite qualification(s) and experience against the post he/she has applied for,
(ii) Be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently.
(iii) Be of good character;
(iv) Be of sound health and mind, good physique and free from any contagious or communicable disease and should not be with bodily infirmity of more than 50%.
(v) Not have more than one spouseliving, if married.
(vi) Not have any past criminal antecedent and / or record.
(vii) Not have been convicted by any Criminal Court for offence involving moral turpitude.
(viii) Not have been debarred by any Government, Court or Public Service Commission or any other Commission from appearing in any Recruitment Test.
(ix) The government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para – 3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their application for this recruitment. However, the candidate already in Government Service shall have to produce “No Objection Certificate” / “Letter of Permission” from competent authority at the time of Viva Voce Test.
(x) A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish the copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/ her change of name.
The candidates are required to upload the scanned copies of original documents
(i) HSC or equivalent certificate in support of proof of age.
(ii) Certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or from any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government In support of passmg of Odia language test equivalent to M.E. School standard or a Certificate from a recognized School showing that he or she had taken Odia as a subject in Class-Vll or Standard-VII and has passed the said Examination.
(iii) Certificate of Bachelors Degree from a recognised University or such other qualification equivalent thereto.
(iv) Certificate showing adequate knowledge in Computer Application.
(v) Certificate of good character from the Institution last attended, or from two persons of repute, one of whom must be a Gazetted Officer.
(vi) Recent passport size photograph with full signature of the candidate on its lower portion of front side.
(vii) Full signature of the candidate
(viii) Certificate from the competent authority indicating the category of the caste or the tribe or the class of the applicant, in case he or she belongs to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or SEBC and claims reservation under such category.
Selection Procedure :
1. Preliminary Examination/Test 150 marks (2 hours duration): The Preliminary Test shall carry 150 marks in accordance with the Graduation Course on the subjects of General English, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. In such Preliminary Test there shall be 150 numbers of Objective Type of Questions with Multiple Choice Answers.
2. There shall be Negative Marking of 0.5 (half) mark for each wrong answer. The Court shall call for the candidates for Written Examination, who have secured not less than 33% of marks in case of
Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe candidates and 40% of marks in case of others in the Preliminary Examination.
Provided that, the High Court shall decide the number of candidates to be called to sit in the Written Examination on the basis of result of the candidates in the preliminary examination and the cut offmark in the preliminary test shall be determined accordingly
3. Written Examination: So far as Written Examination is concerned, English Paper shall be of qualifying nature, and if a candidate belonging to General Caste does not obtain at least 45% of the Full Marks in the Paper and if a candidate belonging to SC or ST category does not obtain at least 33% of the Full Marks in the Paper, other Papers such as Mathematics and General Awareness & test of Reasoning shall not be evaluated and he/she shall be deemed to have been disqualified.
4. Provided that, the marks secured by a candidate in English, as provided above in this Rule, shall not be taken into account while drawing up the final merit list.
Notwithstanding the aforesaid provisions, the Chief Justice, may reduce the qualifying marks at his / her discretion to meet the exigency of non-availability of sufficient number of candidates.
5. Computer Application Test: [Computer Fundamentals, Windows (MS- Windows), MS Office (Word, Excel & Power Point), Linux Fundamental and open office application, Usage of Internet Operation, Communication Technology, Networking Concepts (LAN,Ethernet, Broad Band, Wireless) and Digital Signature]
(D) Viva-voce Test: 40 Marks: The marks secured by the candidate(s) in the Viva-Voce Test shall be added to the marks obtained by him / her in the Written Examination so as to arrive at the total marks secured by him / her, and the names of the candidates shall be arranged in order of merit on the basis ofsuch total marks. Provided that, the names of the candidates shall not be included
in the Merit List, unless such candidates secure a minimum of 40% of marks in the Viva-VoceTest.
6. If two or more candidates secure equal marks in aggregate, the order or merit shall be determined in accordance with the marks secured at the Written Examination, and if the marks secured at the Written Examination of the candidates concerned is also equal, then the order of merit shall be decided as to who is older in age, and the person older in age shall be placed above the other candidate.
How to Apply :
Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates from 18.02.2021 to 20.03.2021 till 11.59 P.M. for recruitment of 202 (two hundred two) posts of Assistant Section Officer in Group-B in the scale of pay of Rs.35,400 – Rs.1,12,400 with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The recruitment shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of “The High Court of Orissa (Appointment of Staff and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2019.”