1 position - Banks Medical Consultant Jobs - Thiruvananthapuram Jobs
|Job profile||Banks Medical Consultant Jobs|
|Last Date to apply||05 Feb 2021|
Terms and conditions
1. To attend to the Bank’s dispensary as per the prescribed duty hours (or for longer period as may be necessary) excluding Bank holidays, except days declared as holidays for purposes of half yearly closing and annual closing, subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days. The Bank reserves the right to shift the place of engagement of BMC among the dispensaries as per its requirement. Further, the Bank may use the services of the BMC at its other dispensaries in case of any need.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members / their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during the dispensary timings (duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). The above facility should also be extended to staff of the other offices of the Bank on tour or visit to Thiruvananthapuram. To be available for consultation at your private clinic, in urgent cases, for employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule.
3. To provide the facilities referred to point No. 2 above to the relatives of employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff/Officers Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges (as per Bank’s prescribed rate) from the employees for credit to the Bank’s account from time to time.
4. To perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-graduate or other medical qualifications the BMC may possess / acquire in future. It shall be the BMC’s responsibility to ensure that the qualifications he/she holds or acquires in future do not restrict him/her in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner. However, if as per any stipulation of the Indian Medical Association, the qualification he/she holds or acquires as the case may be, comes into a conflict with Bank’s requirement to work as a General Practitioner, he/she shall be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same.
5. In addition to the above, duties at the Bank’s dispensary includes the following:
(i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call upon the BMC.
(ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the Departments or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and refer to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside normal working hours.
(iii) Administering all types of injections – The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with the BMC for any untoward reaction. As a rule, administration of injections by the Pharmacists in BMC’s absence is discouraged. The BMC will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when work is heavy.
(iv) Important dressings and minor surgeries are to be handled only by the BMC. If he/she is convinced that the Pharmacists have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
(v) In case of Cardio vascular or other major emergencies and accidents, you should accompany the patient to the hospital, if you are available at the location.
6. To visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health. For such visits the BMC will be paid visit fees as per Bank’s schedule of charges.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical ground wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if the BMC is satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend to Officers and their family members at their residence when required by them and charge a visit fee or consultation fee from them, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. Such visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges shall be levied by BMC for such visit.
9. If and when required to do so, the BMC will certify in such forms as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to state about the health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment in the Bank.
10. To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of relative bills.
11. To use the BMC’s good offices/contacts for securing hospital facilities in case any employee of the Bank or their family (for indoor Hospitalization under Direct Settlement Facility) requires it.
12. To inspect the office premises/Quarters once in a month and report whether they are kept in a sanitary and hygienic condition.
13. To do prophylactic inoculations for typhoid, etc. and vaccination for small-pox whenever necessary.
14. To submit an annual report as on the 30th June in the prescribed form on the general health of the staff.
15. To ensure proper storage of medicines and their distribution as well as maintenance of all necessary records in this regard.
16. To advise on drug indents, and to counter-check the drug stock-balance and consumption.
17. To give professional opinion including reasonableness of the cost of treatment pertaining to the various items of medical claims as and when the referred to the BMC.
18. To attend to any other work assigned by the Bank from time to time relating to administration of Bank’s Medical Facilities Scheme and Medical Assistance Fund Scheme including dispensary facility as are generally performed / required to be performed by a General Medical Practitioner.
19. For the services rendered by Medical Consultant, the remuneration is currently fixed at ₹1000/- per hour. The fixed remuneration is payable on monthly basis. Out of the total monthly remuneration so payable, a sum of ₹1000/- per month will be treated as conveyance expenses. Further, Bank’s Medical Consultant will not be eligible for any superannuation benefits viz. Pension, Provident Fund or Gratuity. No leave, perquisites/facilities would be admissible. If required to attend to the Dispensary on any public holiday, compensation @ ₹1000/- per hour shall be paid. Taxes on the income would be deducted at source as per extant rates and Government notifications.
20. In the event of the BMC absenting from duty, he/she shall be required to make substitute arrangements of doctor/s acceptable to the Bank viz., in terms of qualification and experience at BMC’s own risk and cost.
21. The BMC will be under the administrative control of the Regional Director, Reserve Bank of India, Thiruvananthapuram.
22. The BMC will adhere to the Code of Conduct as mentioned in Annex II.
23. The contract will be valid for a period of 3 (three) years from the date of engagement subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions.
24. The engagement under the contract is temporary. No claim shall lie for regular employment on that basis at any stage or for pay and perks payable to regular employees of the Bank.
25. The contract will be terminable during the period of the contract, on three months’ notice on either side or three months’ remuneration calculated on the basis of per month in lieu thereof.
Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Reserve Bank of India, Bakery Junction, PB No.6507, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 033
Selection Procedure :
i. The Bank will conduct an interview for the shortlisted candidates.
ii. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for Interview.
iii. Apart from those who may be called for interview, the Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who are not found eligible / not considered eligible for interviews.
iv. Applicants shortlisted after the interview will be subjected to medical examination as per prescribed norms and other document verification process before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant on contract basis.
v. The selected candidate has to sign an agreement of contract with the Bank before engagement as Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
How to Apply :
1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates belonging to OBC category for preparing a panel to fill up one post (OBC) of Part-Time Bank’s Medical Consultant (BMC) on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration for various dispensaries of Reserve Bank of India, Thiruvananthapuram (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Bank’).
2. Eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annex-III only. Application should reach the Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Reserve Bank of India, Bakery Junction, PB No.6507, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 033 on or before 17.00 hrs on February 5, 2021. The application should be sent in a sealed cover super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Medical Consultant on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’ or scanned and emailed.