1 position - Medical Consultant - Gangtok
|Job profile||Medical Consultant|
|Last Date to apply||22 Nov 2020|
Engagement of the services of Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration – Terms and Conditions of Contract
1. To attend to Banks’ employees at RBI, Gangtok with prescribed duty hours as mentioned in para 2 of the advertisement (or for longer periods as may be necessary) excluding Bank holidays except days declared as holidays for purposes of half yearly closing and annual closing subject to the condition that the dispensary will not be kept closed for two successive days. The Bank may use the services of the Medical Consultant at its other dispensaries located at residential colonies/Main office Premises on requirement.
2. To give advice free of charge, prescribe medicines and administer injections free of charge to the members of the staff including staff of the Bank on tour, the members of their families including dependent parents and retired employee members/their spouses who are members of the Medical Assistance Fund Scheme, who present themselves during the dispensary timings (duration may be changed as and when considered necessary by the Bank). You will be available for consultation at your private clinic in urgent cases in respect of employees of the Bank at any time with charges at the rate prescribed in the schedule. The Schedule of charges applicable to the Staff/Officers of the Bank would be made available to the MC on request.
3. To provide the facilities referred to in paragraph (2) above to the relatives of the employees who have been permitted to reside with them in the Staff/ Officers Quarters and facilitate recovery of charges from the employees for credit to the Bank’s account at the rates prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
4. To perform duties similar to those of a General Medical Practitioner irrespective of whatever post-graduate or other medical qualifications the MC may possess / acquire in future. It shall be the MC’s responsibility to ensure that the qualifications he/she holds or acquires in future do not restrict him/her in any manner from rendering the services required of a General Medical Practitioner. However, if as per any stipulation of the Indian Medical Association, the qualification he/she holds or acquires as the case may be, comes into a conflict with Bank’s requirement to work as a General Practitioner, he/she shall be required to ensure that no liability or responsibility on this account devolves on the Bank under any circumstances and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Bank at all times against the same.
5. The duties at the RBI dispensary will also include, apart from other requirements as mentioned above: (i) Treatment of minor and major illness for which the employees and their dependents may call upon the MC. (ii) Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or in the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises and reference to appropriate Hospitals whenever called upon to attend even when such necessity arises outside your normal working hours. (iii) Administering all types of injections – The responsibility for administering all types of injections rests with the MC for any untoward reaction. As a rule, administration of injection by the Pharmacists in MC’s absence is discouraged. The MC will be required to train the Pharmacists to administer routine and simple type of injections when the work is heavy. (iv) Important dressings and minor surgeries are to be handled only by the MC. If he/she is convinced that the pharmacists have the requisite competence, routine dressings may be handled by them.
6. To visit any member of the Bank’s Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and submit a report on their health. For such visits the MC will be paid visit fees as per the schedule of rates fixed by the Bank.
7. To issue certificate in support of leave on medical grounds wherever necessary and countersign the certificates produced by the employees from other qualified medical practitioners, if the MC is satisfied about the genuineness of the case.
8. To attend to officers and members of their family at their residence when required by them and will be entitled to charge them a visit fee or consultation fee, as fixed by the Bank having regard to the local conditions. Such visit fee/consultation fee, so fixed, will be inclusive of charges for administration of injections, etc. No other charges should be levied by MC for such visits.
9. If and when required to do so, the MC will certify in such forms as may be prescribed by the Bank from time to time as to the state about the health and / or fitness for service of any employee or any prospective employee who may be selected for appointment at any Office of the Bank.
10. To issue order forms (prescribed) on the approved chemists of the Bank for supply of special/costly drugs or injections required for curative purpose to the Bank’s staff and forward copies thereof to the Bank for payment of the relating bills.
Engagement of the services of Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration – Code of Conduct
1. Every Medical Consultant shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him/her by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Medical Consultant shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or to the Bank’s Staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer of the Bank in the discharge of his/her duties. No Medical Consultant shall contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Medical Consultant of the Bank. The MC shall also maintain patient confidentiality and shall not share the patient profile with any outsider/third party. The confidentiality requirement shall be perpetual and shall survive after the termination of contract. The MC shall indemnify and keep the Bank indemnified for any loss suffered by the Bank as a result of disclosure of any confidential information.
3. Every Medical Consultant shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavor to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Medical Consultant shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body during their tenure.
5. No Medical Consultant shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
6. A Medical Consultant shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee/ visitors to the dispensary.
7. A Medical Consultant shall not absent from his/her duties without the permission from the Bank and without making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
8. A Medical Consultant shall not outsource/ sub-contract his/her service to the Bank.
9. A MC shall not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and also ensure that his/her performance is not affected by any intoxication. Further, the MC should also refrain from being in a state of intoxication in public place. Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
10. No Medical Consultant shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman including women employees at work place. Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or by implication as:-
a) Physical contact and advances,
b) demand or request for sexual favours,
c) sexually coloured remarks,
d) showing pornography,
e) Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature besides, all such definition/interpretation as applicable in the statute/laws.
Reserve Bank of India Upper tadong, Amdo Golai Gangtok- 737102
Selection Procedure :
(i) Selection will be made through interview of eligible candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards etc. in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final. The Bank will not entertain any correspondence with the applicants who have not been called for the interview.
(ii) The shortlisted applicant/s after interview will be subjected to medical examination as per prescribed norms and other document verification process before being engaged as MC on contract basis.
(iii) Candidate selected for the post will be appointed subject to their being found medically fit and his/ her acceptance of Terms and Conditions as per Annex – II and Code of Conduct as per Annex – III.
(iv) The selected candidate has to enter into an agreement with the Bank before engagement of their service as Medical Consultant (on contract basis) with fixed hourly remuneration.
How to Apply :
Eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annex-I only. Application in a sealed cover should reach the General Manager and Officer in Charge, Human Resource Management Department, Reserve Bank of India, Gangtok – 737102 before 17:00 hrs. on 22/11/2020 (tentative). The sealed cover should be super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Medical Consultant on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’.
1. Please refer to our notification dated October 12, 2020 on the captioned subject. The last date of submitting the application was October 27, 2020 upto 1700 hours.
2. It is advised that the last date for submitting the application has been extended to November 22, 2020 upto 1700 hours.
3. All the other conditions and eligibility mentioned in the advertisement dated October 12, 2020 will remain unchanged.