7440 positions - Constable Jobs - Kolkata Jobs
|Job profile||Constable Jobs|
|Salary||Rs. 22,700 - Rs. 58,500/-Per Month|
|Last Date to apply||20 Feb 2021|
1192 positions - Lady Constable Jobs - Kolkata Jobs
|Job profile||Lady Constable Jobs|
|Salary||Rs. 22,700 - Rs. 58,500/-Per Month|
|Last Date to apply||20 Feb 2021|
i) Defective/incomplete applications /applications with fuzzy photograph of candidates will be summarily rejected.
ii) Each candidate should submit ONE application form only. Candidature of those who submit more than one application form will be rejected summarily and the amount of application and/or processing fees will be forfeited.
iii) In case of any mismatch of data between application form filled up by the applicants and supporting testimonials at any stage of recruitment, the candidature will be summarily rejected.
iv) Application Forms shall be rejected in case the signature of the applicant is uploaded/rendered in block letters/unintelligible/does not match with name of the candidate.
v) Admission to the examination will be purely provisional subject to verification of eligibility at a later stage. Therefore, candidature of any candidate shall be rejected straightway if found not eligible at any stage, even after appearance in the tests /examinations.
vi) Candidates must abide by the instructions as may be given by the Venue-in-Charge/Invigilator of the examination venue. If the candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable for expulsion from the examination hall and/or such other punishment as the Recruitment Board may deem fit to impose.
vii) SC/ST/OBC-A /OBC-B candidates of OTHER States will be treated as General (Un-reserved) category candidates.
viii) No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for their journey to attend Preliminary Written Test, PMT & PET, Final Written Examination & Interview. They will appear for selection tests at their own expenses. The Recruitment Board will not be held responsible for any harm or injury to any candidate emerging out of the conduct of the PMT & PET or other tests.
ix) All entries except religion field in the Application Form are compulsory. Application submitted keeping any of the columns blank would lead to summary rejection without any intimation to the applicant.
x) The Board reserves the right to rectify the errors and omissions, if any, in the process of holding the examination and final declaration of result.
xi) A candidate who has been reported against by the Venue-in-Charge of the examination venue for violating any of the instructions or for having adopted unfair means at the arena/venue/examination hall or having used electronic gadgets like Earpiece, Smart Phone, etc. in the examination hall, will be punished with cancellation of his/her candidature and also be debarred from appearing at future examinations/selection processes as may be decided by the Recruitment Board depending on the circumstances/gravity of the case or may be criminally proceeded against.
xii) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate immediately.
xiii) Candidates are advised not to get lured by any unscrupulous touts. The recruitment process done by the Recruitment Board is absolutely transparent.
xiv) Assessment and evaluation of OMR sheet done by the Board shall be final and shall not be open to scrutiny by any external authority.
xv) A candidate who discloses his/her identity by writing his/her name, roll no. etc. or putting any identifying marks inside the OMR Answer Sheet will be disqualified and his/her candidature will summarily be rejected.
xvi) The decision of the Selection Board on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection of candidature will be final and binding on the candidates.
xvii) Candidates dissatisfied with his/her Physical Measurement Test (PMT) during field test may appeal in writing before the Chairperson, of the Selection Board/Committee on the same day of his/her tests. No appeal in this regard will be entertained in future.
xviii) The height of a candidate may be re-measured at any stage including the Interview at the discretion of the Board and the decision of the Board shall be final and binding on the candidates.
xix) Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce all relevant original certificates along with the self attested photocopies for verification, failing which their candidature shall be rejected without any further communication.
xx) The Mobile No. and e-mail ID of the applicants are being taken for communication by the Board for future intimation with regard to the recruitment process and nothing else. The Board, under no circumstances, will request or advise the applicant for any further personal information and/or additional fees and/or payment of any kind of fee to any official connected and/or not connected with the Board. Candidates may report such occurrence, if any to the Member, West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, along with due evidence (documentary/electronic).
xxi) In case of on-line applicants, no Admit Card will be issued through the Postal Department before the Preliminary Written Test and subsequent stages, if selected for the next stage, candidates have to download the e-Admit Cards from the website.
(i) Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card/certificate will only be accepted as valid proof for verification of age.
(ii) A candidate belonging to OBC-A or OBC-B category, if shortlisted for interview, has to produce revalidated/renewed or fresh OBC-A / OBC-B certificate issued from the competent authority within 01 (one) year preceding 01.01.2021 during verification of testimonials at the time of interview. Therefore, the certificates issued before 01.01.2020 needs to be revalidated/renewed from the competent authority. Candidates failing to produce revalidated/renewed OBC-A/OBCB certificate shall not be treated as OBC – A or OBC – B as the case may be. However, they may be considered as UR if they get equal or higher marks than the marks obtained by the last selected candidates under the UR category provided they meet the age criteria for UR candidates. Certificate of OBC without mentioning the specific category (OBC-A/OBC-B) will be treated as an ‘Invalid Certificate’.
(iii) In case a candidate from OBC – A/OBC – B category claims relaxation in upper age limit at the time of submission of application but fails to produce the revalidated/renewed OBC – A/OBC – B certificate at the time of his/her interview, his/her candidature shall summarily be rejected.
(iv)The NVF personnel and Home Guards (serving in WBP only), if shortlisted, have to produce relevant documents regarding service rendered by them, in original, in support of their claim for Age Relaxation at the time of verification during interview.
(v) Applicants already employed in any Government Organization shall produce No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Office/Disciplinary authority during interview if shortlisted for the same.
Selection Procedure :
The posts of Constable/Lady Constable in the West Bengal Police shall be filled up on the basis of qualifying the Preliminary Written Test which will act as screening examination followed by the Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Examination and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
A. Preliminary Written Test (Full Marks – 100) : – Applicants provisionally considered eligible will have to appear in an MCQ based preliminary written test which is qualifying in nature. There would be 100 objective type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying 01 (one) mark each. The duration of this test will be 1(one) hour. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali). Questions of the Preliminary Written Test shall be from the following subjects :-
i. General Awareness and General Knowledge : 50 Marks
ii. Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) : 30 Marks
iii. Reasoning : 20 Marks
B. Physical Measurement Test (PMT) :- The physical standards (height and weight) of the candidates as given under 3(e) will be tested by using Electronic Machines of those who qualify in the Preliminary Written Test.
C. Physical Efficiency Test (Pet) :- Candidates who qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET as furnished below.
1. Constable 1600 (sixteen hundred) meters run 6 (six) minutes 30 (thirty) seconds
2. Lady Constable 800 (eight hundred) meters run 4 (four) minutes
D. Final Written Examination : – Full Marks – 85; All the candidates who qualify in the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be called to appear in the Final Written Examination to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. The Final Written Examination will have 85 (eighty five) Multiple Choice (Four choices) Objective Type Questions (MCQs) carrying 01 (one) mark each. The duration of the examination will be 1 (One) hour. Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except questions on English language. Question of the Final Written Examination shall be from the following subjects:-
A. General Awareness and General Knowledge – 25 Marks
B. English – 25 Marks
C. Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 20 Marks
D. Reasoning and Logical Analysis – 15 Marks
E. Interview : – Full Marks – 15; A limited number of candidates will be called for Interview in accordance with merit. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Final Written Examination and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board. Candidates’ ability to speak in Bengali will also be tested.
F. Medical Examination:-
(a) All provisionally selected candidates will be sent for Medical Examination at the State Government designated hospitals.
(b) The selected candidates should be in good mental and physical health. They should be free from any deformity likely to interfere with efficient performance of their work.
(c) The candidates will undergo all necessary medical tests as prescribed by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of West Bengal from time to time.
(d) The certificate of medical fitness will be issued by an authorized medical officer.
How to Apply :
1. Application window for submitting application through on-line mode or downloading of off-line application form with printed challan of Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India)/India Post will remain operative for the period 22.01.2021 to 20.02.2021 (5 P.M.). However, the last date for depositing Application and/or Processing Fees only in respect of on-line applicants using Punjab National Bank (erstwhile United Bank of India) challan, will be 23.02.2021.
2. The applicants are strongly advised to submit their applications well in advance without waiting for the last date and time of submission to avoid delayed submission due to server problem or any other technical glitches.
3. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board extends the facilities of both on-line and off-line submission of applications.
4. On-line submission: – Applicants will be able to submit application under this mode using the website wbpolice.gov.in by filling up their information including scanned photograph and signature. Applicants are advised to follow the procedure properly for applying through on-line mode. Payment of Application and/or Processing Fees can be made on-line through payment gateway by using Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking of any Bank. Fees can also be paid through different e-wallets and Bharat QR and UPI App. An amount of Rs. 5/- (Rupees five) only will be charged by the agency concerned as “Service Charge” for availing Debit Cards/Credit Cards/Net-Banking/e-wallet/other App facility.
5. On-line applicants are required to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph (preferably coloured) and full signature in jpg format covering the entire space provided for the same. The size of photograph file and signature file must be between 10 kb – 50 kb and 5 kb – 20 kb respectively. The image dimension for photograph and signature should be 177 px h x 138 px w (4.5 cm height x 3.5 cm width) and 63 px h x 350 px w (1.7 cm height x 9.2 cm width) respectively. Photograph must be on white background with 75-80% of the photo occupying the applicant’s face. Applicants are advised not to upload images of other objects in place of photograph and signature. The photograph with face/head covering, sunglass/tinted glasses covering the eyes will not be accepted. Photographs cropped from ‘groupies’ or ‘selfies’ shall also be disallowed during the scrutiny.
6. On successful submission of the application, the applicants shall be provided with the copy of Application Form with his/her photograph, signature and unique Application Serial No. by the system. Candidates are advised to preserve it safely and mention the Application Sl. No. for all future communications, if required, with the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
7. Request for change/correction in the Application Form SHALL NOT be entertained under any circumstances after final submission. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non-acceptance of any correction/addition/deletion in any particular field in application form whatever the reasons may be.