In 1854, Chandrapur formed and independent district and in 1874, it comprised of three tehsils Viz Mul, Warora and Bramhpuri. In 1874, however, upper Godavai district of Madras was abolished and four tehsils were added to Chandrapur to form one tehsil with Sironcha as its headquarters. In 1895, the headquarters of one tehsil transferred to MUl to Chandrapur.Chandrapur formerly Chanda is a city and a Municipal Corporation in Chandrapur district in Maharashtra state, India. It is also the headquarters of Chandrapur district. The city of Chandrapur has ancient temples of the goddess Mahakali and of Anchaleshwar, a form of the god Shiva. The region is very rich in mineral wealth such as iron ore, limestone and coal. Many cement factories are located in this region.