Pachhunga University College is the Constituent College of Mizoram University. The college was established on 15th August 1958 as ‘Aijal College’ to become the first institution of higher education in Mizoram. It was founded and managed by a group of Mizo elders among which Mr. Pachhunga, a leading entrepreneur of the day, was the major benefactor, and after his demise the college was renamed Pachhunga Memorial College. In 1965 the college was provincialized by the Assam Government and the college became Pachhunga Memorial Government College (PMG). On April 19, 1979 the North Eastern Hill University (NEHU) adopted and upgraded it as its only constituent college to become a pace-setting institution. The college eventually received its fourth name Pachhunga University College (PUC). With the establishment of Mizoram University, the entire management was handed over to the new university on July, 2001. Pachhunga University College was awarded Grade ‘B’ with CGPA 0f 2.78 by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).