APPSC Group 1 Service Exam Syllabus and Pattern
- Prelims Examination.
- Mains Examination.
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam Pattern
|Paper I||General Studies||120||120 Mins|
|Paper II||General Aptitude||120||120Mins|
- Exam Type: Objective Type MCQ’s
- Each Paper carries 120 Marks each. I.e., Maximum marks for Prelims Exam is 240.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Type||Paper 1 – General Essay||150|
|Paper 2 – History, Culture & Geography of India & A.P||150|
|Paper 3 – Political, Constitution, Governance, Law & Ethics||150|
|Paper 4 – Economy and Development of India & A.P||150|
|Paper 5 – Science and Technology.||150|
- Section I is of Conventional Type Examination conducted in both Telugu and English.
- Section II is of descriptive Type Examination. Aspirants will have questions both in English and Telugu Medium.
- Each Paper carries 150 Marks and a time duration of 150 Mins.
- Maximum Marks for Group 1 Mains Exam is 900 (Conventional Paper-150, Descriptive paper- 750).
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus – Paper I&II
Group 1 Prelims Paper I – General Studies
- History & Culture
- Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations.
- Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning.
- Basic charecteristics of Indian Economy
- National Income
- Indian Agriculture.
- Financial Institutions
- Characteristics/Basic futures of AP Economy.
- General Geography
Group 1 Prelims Paper II – General Aptitude
- General Mental and Psychological Abilities
- Science and Technology
- Current Events of Regional, national and International Importance.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus
Group 1 Mains Syllabus for English
- Letter Writing
- Press Release/Appeal
- Report Writing.
- Writing on Visual Information
- Formal Speech
- Previs Writing.
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus for Telugu Medium
- Elaborate the though of Poetic or Verse
- Precise Writing
- Formal Speech.
- To Prepare the statements for Publicity media.
- Letter writing
- Debate writing
- Application writing
- Report writing.
- Dialogue writing or dialogue skills
- The grammar of Telugu.
Group 1 Mains Paper I – General Essay Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- Socio – Political Issues, Economical issues, environmental issues.
- Cultural & Historical Aspects.
- Issues related to civic awareness
- Reflective topics.
- Area of Testing (Paper would test the following)
- Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing.
- Ability to express coherently and sequentially.
- Awareness of the subject chosen.
- Evaluation/Marketing (Credit will be given to following)
- Observing established rules and format for essay writing.
- Grammatical correctness of expression.
- The originality of thought and expression.
Group 1 Mains Syllabus Paper-II
- History and Culture of India.
- History and Culture of Andhra Pradesh.
- Geography – India and Andhra Pradesh.
Group 1 Mains Syllabus Paper-III
- Indian Polity and Constitution.
- Public Administration and Governance.
- Ethics and Public Service and Knowledge of Law.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Paper-IV Syllabus
- Major Challenges of Indian Economy
- Resource Mobilization in Indian Economy.
- Resource Mobilization in AP.
- Government Budgeting.
- Govt Budgeting in AP.
- Inclusive Growth.
- Agriculture Development.
- Agriculture Development in AP.
- Industrial Development and Policy.
- Industrial Policy of AP Govt.
- Infrastructure in India.
- Infrastructure Development in Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Paper-V Syllabus
- Integration of Science, Tech & Innovation for a better human life.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Indian Space Programme (ISRO, DRDO).
- Indian’s energy Needs, Efficiency & Resources.
- Development Vs. Nature / Environment.
- Environmental pollution and Solid waste management.
- Nature, Scope, and Applications of Bio-Tech & Nano Tech in India.
- Human diseases-microbial infections.
- Issues related to Intellectual Property Rights in the field of Science and
- Promotion of Science in AP and India Etc.