RRB NTPC Exam Pattern and syllabus
The RRB NTPC Selection Process will be held in various stages. Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the First stage, Second Stage and Typing and Computer work performance and the rest will be qualified by nature. Below are the given stages of Selection Process:
- First Stage Online Examination (PT–CBT)
- Second Stage Examination (Mains–CBT)
- Typing Test (Skill Test)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
RRB NTPC 1st Stage Exam Pattern
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Awareness||40||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
- There will be a total of 100 questions of 1 mark each.
- The composite time to solve all the sections will be 90 minutes.
- For every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted
- Go through the below sections to get all the details.
RRB NTPC Prelims Exam is 1st Stage Exam that will held in 3 sections :
RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||35|
The RRB NTPC Mains Exam will be held in 3 sections like Prelims Exam.
- The total number of questions will be of 120 with a total of 90 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 Mark for every wrong answer.
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Pattern
- Aspirants must be able to type 30 WPM (Words Per Minute ) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi without editing tools or spell check facility.
RRB NTPC Exam syllabus – Prelim & Main Exam
The syllabus of RRB NTPC Prelims Exam & Mains Exam will be the same but difference only two exams pattern. Railway Non-Technical Syllabus details given below :
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics etc.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement- Courses of Action
- Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs etc.
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India, etc.
- Games and Sports
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Common Abbreviations
- Transport Systems in India
- Indian Economy
- Famous Personalities of India and World
- Flagship Government Programs
- Art and Culture of India
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution and Political System
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India
- UN and Other Important World Organizations
- Indian Literature
- Monuments and Places of India
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE)
- History of India and Freedom Struggle
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World